Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tear Gas!

Hola! I have been so busy this week that it has been hard to find time (and available internet) to allow me to blog! I am safely here in Argentina (finally) and it is a pretty cool place. It is much different than Chile, but more about that later!
On thursday before we left for Buenos Aires I had class at school, and I happened to arrive 5 minutes after a big protest had ended, and when I stepped off the bus I was hit with tear gas! It was one of the most painful experiences of my life. My face, my throat, my eyes, everything was burning! It was awful at the time, but it makes for a good story now.
There have been lots of other unexpected dramas, as we almost were not allowed in to Argentina by immigration, and then one of the girls on our trip got her entire purse stolen. However, we are here now, and are trying to enjoy the time we have in this cool city. We saw a tango show last night, and also got a short tango lesson! Today we are going to Eva Peron's grave site, and then for a bike ride around an ecological reserve. The leather here in Argentina is unbelievable, I bought a pair of boots yesterday! However, I have realized that I like Chile a lot more than I like Argentina. Its time to go start our day, so more later,
Viva La Chile!

Julia Marie

Haley and I suffering at the scene of the crime...this picture just does not do the tear gas justice!