Sunday, August 14, 2011

HOME!


My mom and I returned home safely to Rochester late on Thursday night. We had an amazing trip! The people we met and the things we did over the last few weeks were truly amazing experiences for us, as this trip was a once in a lifetime opportunity. We hope to be able to return to each city someday in the future, and hope that everyone we had the good fortune to meet will come visit us in Rochester soon!
Having the chance to travel this summer and be ambassadors for not only the ATAD program but also for Rochester, our hometown, has been an amazing experience. I have really enjoyed meeting and talking to people from the countries we visited, and gaining their perspectives on world issues.
Although I am sad that our traveling is over, it feels good to finally be home and I know now that no matter what happens, I will be able to return to those wonderful places someday since I now have friends all over the world!

So long,

Julia Marie

Me and the 1,000 year old Olive tree in the center of Palma