Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Urla


Saturday morning we slept in and hung around Semo’s parents house until Irmak’s family came to pick us up mid-day. I wasn’t feeling so great so I tried to sleep, but the rest of the family went swimming in the pool again. After my nap, I felt a lot better.
Irmak’s family came around one, and then we went with them to their house in Cesme. When we got back to Cesme, we had some lunch and then went to the rocky beach down the street from their house to cool off. The water was really wavy, so we didn’t know what to do! My family was not used to swimming in water that choppy, but we had fun nonetheless. It made us appreciate how calm the water had been the first day we swam. We had fun riding the waves, and Suzy and I practiced diving a little bit. We got tired pretty fast though since we had to work a lot harder to swim in the choppy water, so we went back to the shore and laid out and took some pictures.
After the beach we headed back for a quick dinner, and then Suzy, Irmak, Dave, and I got ready to go out! Semo and her husband Memet came to pick us up at 1030, and we drove about an hour in traffic to a beach club on the other side of the bay. It took a while to get there, and Memet said if we had waited any longer to go out we would have been stuck in traffic all night!
When we finally got to the place though, it was beautiful! We convinced the waiter to give us a table, and we stood at the table and had some drinks together. The place was beautiful! Irmak said during the day it was a beach club where you could pay to enter and be served food and drinks at tables by the water. Even though it was dark out, we could see the water from where we were standing and it was shallow and clear for miles. At night, the place turned into a bar, which was really fun since we got to meet some of Semo and Irmak’s friends from Cesme.
When we finally decided to leave, we were exhausted, but we all had a really great time. Most of us fell asleep in the car on the way home after our long day!

Julia Marie

Daddy and I on the Rocky beach in Cesme

Suzy and I catching some sun at the beach!

Dad and 3 of his girls on the beach

Tanning sea-side!

The Lull sisters, minus Charmy!

Suzy and I by the water at dinner before going out

Suzy and I out in downtown Cesme

Semo, Irmak, me, Dave, and Mehmet out for drinks in Cesme